Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Currently sitting to meet a trainer so get my fitness assessment done. I'm feeling really nervous to actually admit to someone the habits that have gotten me where I am today.  
I tend to be a little defensive and shut down when people point out what I'm doing "wrong", especially when it's based on snap judgement and too little information.  I am going to try to be as open minded and receptive as possible. I am also feeling very self conscious. 333lbs of lady with someone half my size trying to relate can be awkward. Although the girl who I met here yesterday did a fantastic job making me feel like I was welcome and belonged there. She looked at me like a normal person! 

__________________________________

Fast forward to after the appointment! 
I tried really hard to open myself up and be honest with the trainer about my strengths and weaknesses. 

She was really nice and receptive to everything. My guard stayed down the entire time! 

I think I would really really benefit from working with a trainer on an ongoing basis. Now to see if I can afford to invest in it! I need to make it a priority. 

Also good news, I weighed in at 228!! So progress for me already!! 

Here we are on our way to the gym! 

Can't wait to go again tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment