Thursday, August 14, 2014

The workout that almost wasn't

I took all the steps last night preparing for success today. I planned breakfast, clothes, and scheduled my day. 

Something happened when I woke up. Apparently nothing was going to plan. I had no clean bowls ready for my kids breakfast, I couldn't find the blender for my breakfast and we were running late. 

I decided to hit up Tim hortons on our way to the gym to save time and get us all fed. 

When we got to the gym we headed in, paid for childcare and went into the kids room.  I gave my kiddos a kiss and hug and off I went to finally get my sweat on... 

That was until about 5 minutes later when they came to get me because my youngest was really upset and wouldn't stop crying. 

I went to go calm her down. Spent 10min getting her comfortable again. Then I snuck out. She caught me and started crying. Good thing the childcare ladies and I had discussed this and they decided to try a little longer this time. 
I stood outside the door waiting for her to de-escalate. 

After a few minutes I decided to just go get some working out done and let them come get me if she's still upset a little later on. 

All in all I got about 20-25min of cardio in.  Not my idea of a big workout, but at this point I will take what I can get! 



No comments:

Post a Comment